Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Renewed by Grace

I have been renewed by grace and bought in love.  It is so encouraging to see God working in my life and those lives around me! Recently God has been moving in me and I feel Him calling me into a life of missions.  But before I begin that season of my life I need to work out the nooks and crannies of my life now and from the past.  I need to work through the things that I have experienced and gone through, the good and the bad, the hurtful and great.  A short testimony of God working in my life is wahat I experienced yesterday.

A little background. I am not the most frugal person around.  I am quick to commit and spend money and do this and that.  So when I took my car into the shop I thought it couldn't possibly be more than the $270 I thought I had to my name.  While I was at work I got a call from my mom, "You need to call the shop to figure out what exactly needs worked on".  After a short discussion with the kind mechanic, he explained that my total came to around $380.. way more than expected or I had.  Doubt was the first to enter my mind. I knew I didn't have that kind of money and neither did my parents.  But then I was smacked back to reality? "33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." [Matthew 6].  I needed to release my financial troubles to the Lord.  I returned to work and checked my account balance, added up the change in my purse and found cash in my wallet that came to a total of $371.21.  How could this be? The Lord had provided for me!  That night I went to a young adults with my friends and a few friends repaid me loaned money that I wasn't expecting putting me over the amount I need!  But that's not the end... Last night a friend told me that we would be getting reimbursed for the money that wasn't used on the beach.  How crazy does the Lord work and provide time and time again. 

I am in love with my creator and He loves me.  God. Is. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment